Supervise all field operations for Scanworks and all
field crews. Responsible for providing 3D data collection and survey on-site
for interpretation by office personnel.
- Establish and implement procedures
and standards that manage the flow of in information between field and office
- Supervise proper workflow
and behavior of ScanWorks field personnel while on-site.
- Responsible for scan and
survey data accuracy and completeness.
- Manage the collection of on-site
data using conventional survey methods combined with three dimensional scanning
- Familiarization with
conventional survey tools, i.e. total stations and builders levels, backsight
- Ability to utilize Leica HDS
3000 3D laser scanner and data collection software
- Understand proper computer
data manipulation and transfer from computer to computer and via network
- Perform the following survey
party chief functions:
- Closed traverse – ability to
perform repetition based traverse in a construction or industrial environment.
- Differential bench run –
Differential elevation loop and ability to document properly.
- Construction layout.
- Calculating survey points
based from provided geometry.
- Ability to learn crossover
methodology between scanning and surveying
- Understanding construction
and industrial layout with data collection
- Communication with office
- Understanding of engineering
- Good knowledge of project
- Working closely and
communicating with CAD personnel assigned to project
- General requirements
- Possession of state issued
current drivers license.
- Ability to clear extensive
- Ability to work solely if
- Lifting of fifty pounds or
more required on occasion in conjunction with occasional, bending, stooping and
- Ensure that applicant can
pass drug screening on request
- Provide and maintain field
- Maintain all field equipment
and ensure readiness for equipment to perform when needed.
- Travel will be required.
- Field surveys
- Off-site meetings
- Crew supervision
- Perform additional
duties/assignments related to project as required by management.
- Availability to work
overtime, including weekends, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed high school or possess GED.
- Minimum 5 years of party chief experience in construction and or an industrial setting.
- Minimum of 4 years of scanning experience with Leica products such
as HDS3000, HDS6100, Cyclone and Cloudworx
- Fair communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills required
Physical requirements may include, but are not
limited to, lifting (50 to 100 pounds), bending, reaching, climbing, walking,
crawling, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, speaking, sight, and/or hearing
to complete the job duties outlined in this job description. Please inform the Manager of Human
Resources if you cannot perform any part of your job description.
Yolanda Watkins, HR Generalist/Recruiter
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE ENCOURAGE WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUAL WITH DISABILITIES TO APPLY
PLEASE NO RECRUITER OR 3RD PARTY CALLS
PLEASE APPLY VIA CAREER SECTION ON OUR WEBSITE ONLY